Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting engineer

3 posters

Go down

Supporting engineer Empty Supporting engineer

Post by Smoking Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:11 am

Currently leveling up an engineer because its known as the least played and useful class in wvw and i'de like a challenge. Im level 44 at the moment and the build i had in mind was nerfed in last patch, so im on my way brainstorming up a new one and this came to mind. It fills a quite simular role as the supportive Guardian build thats ben posted earlier by santus, with some differences.

Traits: 0 - 0 - 10 - 30 -30

Invetions: 1
Alchemy: 2, 10, 11
Tools: 4, 6, 11

skills: Elixir H, S, B, Elixir gun, supply crate

Gear: part Soldier stats (P/V/T/) but mostly cleric (H/T/P). Rifle with sigil of battle.
Undecided on runes but im thinking altruism or possibly hoelbrak.

How to use:
This is a boon stacking (especially might), cond removing, healing bunker build with 100% retaliation uptime. In a fight the engineer throws elixirs at its allies giving them the random boons from the actual skill itself aswell as a cond removal and extra 20 seconds might to all those affected, and doing that with 30% decresed cooldown because of 30 in the Tools trait. The forth toolbelt skill from the elixir gun gives nearby allies 10 seconds of regeneration every 30 or so seconds.

Elixir gun 5 also supplies a light field with 50% uptime that removes a condition for everone on impact aswell as healing. The engineer comes with 1 blast finisher and 1 leap finisher to hand out some area and self retaliation.

This engi can give itself 13 stacks of might right away and keep it growing up till about 20 all by itself if played right, wich is useful to make retaliation hit harder aswell as the conditions thats a bit here and there. At 25 stacks of might anybody hitting me would take a over 300 damage i belive.

Build also contains decent cripple and immobilize (elixir gun 2 and rifle 2) aswell as a not so good knockdown (rifle 4). Also has the ability to stealth stomp and invulnerable stomp. Also perma swiftness and some not useless but derpy gap closers (rifle 5 elixir gun 4)

Was hoping to get some pros and cons from you guys, especially the Guardian users. Empower seems to outshine the might giving elixir tosses by quite a bit, though they only last for half as long. Engi got some things the Guardian doesnt but Guardian still seems overall better imo.

Sooo what do you Think? ^^

Ooooh and btw, one thing i thought of now. Im pretty sure the elixir gun heal is determined by my healing Power and not "yours". So if a warrior with no healing Power walks in he would be healed by the engineer healing Power. Need to test that though. The healing does stack with regeneration though, so popping this field and the Guardian one would give double heals.

Smoking

Back to top Go down

Supporting engineer Empty Re: Supporting engineer

Post by Tret Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:24 pm

So i really don't know the engi class, never played it and i really have no idea about how the skills work, but if u can give to the party migth, retalation, regen and cure cond i'm pretty sure that will be a good supporter. By the way atm we have like 4 support guardian and i'm thinking to tell to the guys that are using it to be a little bit more aggressive because we need more dps, so can u deal also a bit of dmg with this build?

Tret

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoking Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Yeah i know we have lots of Guardians already ^^ this is what i came up with for the engi though, maybe i can figure out something entierly different that still goes well in the team.

It does damage ofcourse but i dont know how much compared to the Guardian build. Except for piercing auto attack it only has 1 proper aoe attack though. Though if im not mistaken the Guardians are very lacking in cc and cripples? This has some. And the retaliation is nice i guess, but the guard also gets pretty good upkeep there am i rite? would like to test out how much damage retaliation actually does since im not really sure at all.

Smoking

Back to top Go down

Post by Tret Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:21 am

yeah yeah you are rigth! Guardian is very laking in cripples (not in cc he got a lot of burning dmg) and any kind of debuff! But don't missunderstand me, this build will work really good in our team so just try it! Also engi shuold be a good ranged char, guardian is only melee for that probably they will work totally different, i'd like to see it in battle!

Tret

Back to top Go down

Post by 06kellyjac Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Your D/D ele build would be nice to have on the forum too :3

06kellyjac

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoking Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 pm

I do the normal 0 10 0 30 30 build every dd ele use. But yeah guess i can put it up here too because why not, knowing each others builds is never a bad thing.

Ill post it some day soon when its not in the middle of the night.

Smoking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum