Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranger WvW Full Dps

3 posters

Go down

Ranger WvW Full Dps Empty Ranger WvW Full Dps

Post by Santus Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 am

This is a personal build for fast kills. I tested it in wvw and it worked quite good. It focuses on dps. It has a good aoe dmg, skills for escape and permanet fury.

Traits:

Markmanship 20: Opening Strike, Steady Focus, Alpha Training, Eagle Eye
Skirmishing 20: Tail Wind, Primal Reflexes, Furious Grip, Quick Draw
Wilderness Survival 20: Natural Vigor, Wilderness Knowledge, Companion's Defence, Hide In Plain Sight
Nature Magic 10: Rejuvenation, Strenght of Spirit
Beastmastery 0

Skills:

Healing: Heal As One
Quickening Zephyr
Protect Me
Lightning Reflexes
Elite: Rampage As One

Equipment:

Full set Power+Precision+Critical Dmg
6 Ruby Orb

Weapons:

Longbow Power+Precison+Crit. Dmg with sigil of Rage
Axe Power+Precison+Crit. Dmg with sigil of Fire
Horn Power+Precison+Crit. Dmg with sigil of Fire

Jewelry
Full Ruby Orichalcum of The Berserk

Pets:

I recommend Red Moa for F2 skill (fury) and Bears for (Remove conditions)
I use pets in ''avoid combat'' and when an enemy attack me i use ''Protect me''

Original message by Danympa

Santus

Back to top Go down

Ranger WvW Full Dps Empty Re: Ranger WvW Full Dps

Post by Santus Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 am

It's a good build but it requires a very skillful use to keep distances. If a dpser enemy reach you, you're done. "Protect me" can help you for a while, but when it's on cooldown you are going to have hard times. It can be useful in our team as long as you can fast aoe the area with Barrage.

ps: you have sigil of fire on both axe and horn, but only 1 works. You have to change 1 sigil, I suggest accuracy.

Santus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cilithama Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:51 pm

I don't wanna write a whole guide about ranger, so i will post some thoughts here:

Weapons:
I use shortbow and greatsword. It's important to have a melee and range weapon equipped to deal with projectile reflection, melee is also good against binding roots. You can use longbow or axe for range, too, but with its fast attack speed the shortbow is best to react to certain situations. For melee sword is just too hard to handle compared to greatsword and got less aoe making it a better choice for 1on1 but not for wvw. If you use off-hand, horn will be your best choice.

Skills:
(6) Healing spring - Water field (nuff said!)
(7) Lightning reflexes (defensive) - cant live without it
(8+9) any survival skill or sigil that you think you need for more damage or more survivability (nobody use spirits)
(10) Either Entangle (for awesome roots) or Rampage As One (for easy stomps with long lasting stability)

Pets: Moas and Bears special abilitys sound good, but...
I prefer dogs!
- first thing they do when entering combat is knocking one down
- they got howls fearing or immobilizing all enemys around

Traits: I recommend Marksmanship: VIII Piercing Arrows - for insane aoe when positioning well. And anything in Survival Insicts that increases your ability to dodge.

And a simple tactic when charging: GS (3) jump -> Roll forward -> Entangle -> GS (4) blocks all ranged attacks until you get hit in melee range-> (6) healing field -> dodge backwards / (7) / SB (3) -> fire shorbow while running around your enemys trying to aim at more than one at the same time -> when retreating keep firing while moving sideways

Or: GS (3) jump -> Roll forward -> Entangle -> GS (4) blocks all ranged attacks until you get hit in melee range-> (6) healing field -> stack on roaming commander spamming GS (1)

Cilithama

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmytro Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:42 am

Bers ranger is a dead body on wvw imho

Dmytro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down